The move was still kept in the bag of Terawan Agus Putranto's Health Minister

President Joko Widodo alias Jokowi claims, the government has pocketed a move to overcome the financial deficit of the Social Security Organizing Agency or BPJS Health.

However, Jokowi did not elaborate on the move.  According to him, the move was still kept in the bag of Terawan Agus Putranto Health Meteri.

"The Minister of Health also said that in his limited meeting next year he has met his moves," said President Jokowi in Cilegon, Banten, Friday, December 6, 2019.

The President explained that Minister of Health Terawan Agus Putranto would explain the effort. He said, the late BPJS Health to pay health insurance claims to a number of hospitals occurred because of the budget deficit.

 During an inspection at the Cilegon Regional Hospital, the President discussed with a number of patients who used the BPJS Health facility.

"Nearly 90 percent use BPJS more. It is the same as other hospitals, 70-80 percent are PBI (Recipient of Donation Aid) which is free, the remaining 20 percent is used independently," said Jokowi.

President Jokowi asked the regional government to improve service facilities for patients in regional hospitals. "There are still many of our hospitals whose facilities have not yet been repaired. But that is the task of the regional government, the task of the city government, the district government or the provincial government," Jokowi said.

Last week, Terawan had asked BPJS Health to control spending by limiting its services to only basic services to reduce the deficit. This is another way besides increasing fees.

On the same occasion, Jokowi did a sudden inspection to the Cilegon City Hospital in order to find out the utilization of the Health BPJS, especially services in the Participants Beneficiary (PBI) recipients.

PBI participants get subsidies from the government through the state budget. Jokowi said that the number of PBI participants reached 80 percent, while the remaining 20 percent were independent participants.

"I think, we were yesterday (sudden inspection) in Lampung, in Subang, here, the numbers were almost the same (number of participants)," Jokowi explained.